LETTER FOUR is a full service Design-Build firm located in Culver City and has been in business since 2010. We offer licensed architectural and general contracting services. We are looking to add a full time interior designer to our staff. Check out our website for more information: https://www.letterfour.com/
We are looking for someone who is driven to learn, grow, and challenge themselves in the interior design of our projects. While currently our projects are all custom single family residential we also work on retail, restaurant, and office spaces. We typically select permanently installed items like tile, cabinets, decorative lighting, flooring, etc., rather than furniture, window treatments, art and accessories, but our clients often request a full interior design package.
On a daily basis this position will include:
- Brainstorming with principals and other staff as we work together on project designs
- Sketching proposed design concepts
- Selecting interior finishes and fixtures and creating interior finish and fixture boards
- Coordinating with 3-D renderer for photorealistic renderings
- Coordinating budgets/orders for finishes and fixtures, tracking items using our online software
- Generating 3D massing models, interior elevations and finish plans, redlines, sketches, details, etc. in Revit
- Communicating with consultants, clients, staff, and the field
- Site visits to check on progress and verify that what was drawn matches what is being built
- Reviewing current office standards and procedures and proposing improvements
- Consultations with vendors to stay informed on new products and to build our library
The following is a short list of requirements:
MUST HAVE TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Autodesk Revit, with at least 1-2 years in-office drafting experience
- Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign- Microsoft Word, Excel
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Experience communicating with clients, contractors, and vendors
- Airtable and Bluebeam experience is a plus
MUST HAVE QUALITIES:
- Drive to learn, impress, and succeed
- Solid organizational skills
- Eagerness to collaborate with a team of skilled and creative professionals
- Unwavering excitement for and dedication to the field
- Value of a work-life balance
- Desire/Ability to thrive in a fun, fresh, and eclectic environment- Drive to grow into a position with a high level of responsibility
- Desire to contribute to mutual success in a long term position
HOURS + PAY:
- Full time, 5 days per week, 9am to 6pm
- Paid Holidays, and Paid Time Off
- Pay based on experience
- Yearly bonus
- Cell phone stipend
- Health Reimbursement
Please email a short letter about yourself with a resume, examples of drawings sets and mood boards you have prepared, no phone calls or recruiters please. In the email, please answer the following questions:
1. Please confirm that you have the experience listed in the position responsibilities.
2. State your current or previous salary and desired salary range.
3. Are you currently employed? Please advise when you would be available to begin work.
4. Are you based locally in the Los Angeles area, and available to interview in person?
5. Please share why you believe you would do well in this position.
*We will contact you if we are interested in getting to know you and talking about your future at LETTER FOUR. PLEASE, only contact us if you are in the LOS ANGELES area. It is important to us to find someone who is the right fit for our office environment and this can only be done through an in person interview. We will be conducting multi-part interviews to be certain that candidates truly meet all qualifications and will be a great long term fit with Letter Four.
Lauren Adams and Jeremy Baker